Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Cupcake Challenge

Alrighty, so I was checkin in on one of my new favorite girl blogs, and was reading about this challenge, where dessert will be eaten only once a week until January (holidays being the exception thank god), to help get the "sugar monkey" off her back. I've been needing just this type of challenge since I've gotten a little sloppy lately with my points. My Google calendar where I record my foods has been kinda spotty lately. And this past weekend I managed to eat not just pizza (four huge drippin slices), but chocolate cookies, brownies, AND peach cobbler (that I made for a pot luck...why do I do these things?). Now, I was on my bike all weekend, both days, riding for several hours (serious riding too, not just toolin around), so I just managed to negate the good I did by eating every last calorie (and perhaps more) that I burned. While the scale hasn't budged up, it also hasn't budged down, which is what I need it to do dammit! So, I am going for the challenge myself to rid myself of the evil Cupcake of Doom.

And if I fail, I will post a really scary "before" picture of myself. You thought this was scary, well, it ain't nothin compared to the one I will post.

If you're concerned about my honesty, well, you're just gonna have to trust me to hold myself accountable. Because after all, this is about me, and not about y'all. And you can count on B to help with the policing, since it's usually his fault when I transgress (hmm...that might piss him off enough to finally comment here).

I'm considering any sugary treat a dessert, and that includes my staple 100 calorie packs. The only sweet goodness I'm allowed outside the once a week is fruit and sugar-free, because like one commenter posted over at the Fitness Fixation blog, "If it makes you poop, it ain't dessert".

Words to live by.

3 comments:

P-town Peach said...

FYI- I just had my Last Dessert for the week: a lemon cupcake with raspberry frosting....and it was vegan! Quite moist and tasty! Much moister than the last lame excuse for a cupcake I had.

So, my next dessert is next Tuesday.

Wish me well.

Unknown said...

much good luck to you!!!

i need to get better too. so i might join you on that. but i'll let you know once i get back into SEA. (so hard to eat well in the south...) it's also hard when your other half can eat a house full of cupcakes and remain a steady 105.

but we did have a slice of vegan chocolate cake last weekend made with beets that was oh so yummy. quite surprising. i'm glad she told me after i had taken the first bite or i might've never known how good it was...

P-town Peach said...

i'm saying! beets? i'd have reacted like a child and turned my nose up with out even tryin.

i don't think i've even ever tried a beet...