Sunday, March 4, 2007

I was Runnang!


Happy SUNday all!

B and I woke up this morning to SUN!!! Which has apparently been playing hard to get here in Drippytown, but I wouldn't know that if B hadn't brandished a knife at me for being so damn cheerful, since I was in sunny Tejas all week. (Don't worry, friends of B- he's not quite that bad. And it was only a butter knife.) Anyways, I decided to put off packing (I'm SO bad), and head out to the Springwater for my "long" hour run (stop with the snickering) with support by B and his swifty bike.

It was a fabulous run, I felt light and bouncy (probably had something to do with a sudden drop in ten pounds in the last few days due to starting blood pressure medicine again. *sigh* It makes me pee ALOT), and there were TONS of people out on the trail grinning like they had just won the lotto (I guess in P-town, the sun coming out in the winter is almost as good). I was able to keep up my end of the conversation with B, unlike last time, when just an innocuous comment like, "how ya feelin?" would disrupt my chi to the point of near collapse, and a mere glance from me contained such malice that it could knock him off his bike. So, today was much more pleasant, and I actually ran three minutes over the hour, which is not the 5 minutes I wanted to add, but there was a huge puddle at the end that stopped us in our tracks. He was gallant enough to carry me over the puddle on his bike, so I wouldn't get my feetsies wet. So, I feel fantastic, and fairly confident that I can do an hour a few times a week, and work on building up my weekly mileage.

Now I must run (figuratively) to Goodwill, since it is getting warmer, and I only have the long sleeve technical running shirts- I tried running in a regular cotton t-shirt once... f*** that. They make that fancy material for a reason, so I'm fairly confident I can find a few shirts at Goodwill- this is such a running town, that I bet I can find some there instead of paying $100 for one. Then, when I'm done with that, I will pack. I promise...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you and your running and 10 pounds?!
Cool beans..
I also did thirty minutes up and down Megans neighborhood with Sadie. Michael's dog.
He's boarding up and down the Colorado slopes for spring break. Tough life but someone has to do it...

poppa

P-town Peach said...

Aww!!! I wish I had a doggie to run with. Maybe I can tie a leash around Annie the Cat... she does need to lose some weight...