Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Oops, I did it again...


But I'm in Texas again...and remember, they have bbq in their airports! I'm sitting in the Dallas airport, and dinner looked like a choice between Mickie D's, Taco Smell, and a boring looking sports bar with a bunch of tools in golf shirts at all the tables, so....I drifted on down the concourse at the suggestion of very nice official looking airport guy, who recommended the Dickey's brisket.

So, how can I resist? It has been a whole WEEK since I last had bbq...

AND! I've only eaten a half a bagel all day.

I pretty much left the sides alone...okay, well...I probably should have left more of that potato salad alone. But the brisket wasn't bad- didn't rock my soul like the stuff in the Austin airport, but not too shabby (and by Portland standards, someone would erect a statue). OH! I forgot to mention- they had SWEET TEA TOO! Plus I get to keep souvenir cup.

Anyway, I'm headin to San Antonio tonight, have a free day there tomorrow (yay! I get to play at the Alamo!), teach on Friday, fly back to PDX, then ostensibly will be moving to new apt on Saturday. Ahem. If only I had packed. Oh well, at least I have all next week off to move my crap over there.

So, Dallas was pretty boring. The most exciting thing that happened to me (outside of teaching a kick-a** class!) was getting to watch "Return of the Jedi" (the eewok (sp?) scene) in the workout room while wrestling with an ancient universal workout machine, so Caligula (who has magical powers, by the way) wouldn't yell at me for missing my weight training day.

There was a cute-geeky couple in the workout room with me who put in a video of the movie, so that she could walk/run on the treadmill for an hour and he could sit on the stationary bike and watch the movie with her, pedaling very slooowly (I don't think he really wanted to exercise- he was wearing jeans after all).

Anyway, after getting hopelessly tangled up in the machine (stupid contraption!), I skulked out and back up to my room to finish my exercises sans equipment. Caligula would be impressed by how resourceful I am with things found around a hotel room.

After working out, I ordered thai food, which when it came, I noticed, strangely had hot iceberg lettuce and tomato halves mixed in with the chicken and noodles- and those were the "vegetables"? Sigh. So supper last night was disappointing.

Well, sorry for boring trip details. But, whaddya expect? I'm in Dallas fer gawdsakes! I promise tomorrow's report will be more exciting- plus, I'll have a running report, since I plan on running a route that will take me past the Alamo, at which point I plan on channeling Pee Wee Herman and singing at the top of my lungs, "The stars at night are big and bright, *Clap*Clap*Clap*Clap* DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!!" while streaking by.

And then you can watch out for them pigs flyin outta my butt. Oh well, it's a fun thought.

No comments: